You heard and read it right. Phenomenal dance group JABBAWOCKEEZ is coming to town on January 20, 2013 at Abreeza Mall Davao.
It is no secret in my family that I am a Jabbawockeez fan since day one of their winning streak as the first champion of America’s Best Dance Crew Season 1. For me, the group is still arguably the best and most exciting dance crew in the world class league. Watching them do their cool moves is addictive. And yes, I have the mask. 🙂
Because I was into dance and choreography since high school, I am fond of dance competitions shown on air, and America’s Best Dance Crew is one of them. So just imagine the surprise of fellow choreographers and dance enthusiasts when Ayala Malls decide to bring ABDC’s first winner back in our country for a dance tour, and more specifically, for the first time in Davao City! I am swooning at this point. They will be bringing another popular hiphop group Super Cr3w as well.
JABBAWOCKEEZ is an all-male, hip-hop dance crew who once auditioned and was eliminated in America’s Got Talent and later emerged from the ABDC’s championship to bring the underground hiphop scene out on a new level of respect. Hiding a mystique and uniformed persona behind white masks, this group of Asian-American talents struck a musical chord around the world with their seemingly perfect mime art performances with a heart.
The impeccable popping and b-boying, plus hot moves in synchronized precision are Jabbawockeez’ signature style in collaboration with the Bangerz who have been producing music exclusively for the Jabbawockeez.
With respect to past members who paved the way (group name was coined by Joe Larot from Lewis Caroll’s poem Jabberwocky, considered the most nonsense verse in English from from his 1871 novel), the group is currently composed of Ben “B-Tek” Chung, Joe “Punkee” Larot, Chris “Cristyle” Gatdula, Kevin “KB” Brewer, Rynan “Kid Rainen” Paguio, Jeff “Phi” Nguyen, Phil “Swagger Boy” Tayag and Tony “Transformer” Tran.
According to “Phi” Nguyen, they do not have a leader: “We want you to experience Jabbawockeez as a group… there’s no lead dancer in our crew. Our philosophy is that when you watch us perform, you have to watch us as a whole. When we put the masks on, it’s not about who we are or where we came from. We’re all one.”
Performing on January 20 at 5pm in the Activity Center, the whole place will be transformed into a dancing arena as the crowd watches in a standing room only atmosphere while moving to the infectious rhythm of the phenomenon that is JABBAWOCKEEZ.
Watch their riveting performance as they accepted the Living Legends Award at the Hip Hop International 2012
Here are the mechanics on how to get a redemption pass:
FOR GENERAL CUSTOMERS:
- For every P1,000.00 single receipt purchase from any Abreeza Mall outlet and anchor stores or P1,500.00 from Robinsons Supermarket on January 14-19, 2013 the customer can get one (1) free event pass to the show.
- Only receipts dated January 14-19, 2013 are considered valid for redemption. Same-day receipts shall be honoured.
- One can only redeem a maximum of four (4) event passes per receipt.
- “First come, first served” policy applies to the redemption of passes at the Concierge Counter due to the limited number of passes.
- Event pass only entitles the customer to enter the Activity Center. Since this is a dance concert, no seats will be provided as suggested by the Jabbawockeez management.
FOR VIPINOY & BPI AMORE CARDHOLDERS:
- BPI Amore and VIPinoy members may only reserve for EVENT PASS for this particular event. Event pass only entitles the cardholder to enter the Activity Center. Since this is a dance concert, no seats shall be provided as suggested by the Jabbawockeez management.
- The first 35 BPI Amore and first 35 VIPinoy cardholders to reserve passes are entitled to two (2) event passes. Catering of reservations will start on January 14, 2013, 10:00 AM.
- When reserving seats, Ayala Malls VIPinoy cardholders will be required to give his/her VIPinoy identification number and mobile number to which a text message will be sent regarding the confirmation and details of the reservation.
- VIPinoy members must present their VIPinoy card and text confirmation at the VIPinoy Lounge located at the 3rd floor, Abreeza Mall starting January 14, 2013 to get event passes. The presentation of VIPinoy card and confirmation text will be strictly implemented.
… On a short note, because it is on a “first come, first served” basis, the passes are already out and slots are filled. With any luck, though, you can still watch anywhere outside of the Activity Area, and you can try the 2nd and 3rd floor as well. 🙂
By the way, the Jabbas are known for their clean and superb choreography, as well as an awesome sense of humor, shown below:
“Here in Vegas, there’s only one hiphop entertainment group dancing along the Vegas strip, it’s a group disguised in the ivory mask… a group that’s defined the stereotype of hiphop. Because the majority of them are Asian. They go by the name of the JABBAWOCKEEZ, and their master puppeetering style has made them an icon not just in the hiphop world but around the world. At first glance, they may look like mime… but take a step closer, and you’ll notice a spectacle that may hypnotize you.” ~Chris Soriano, Las Vegas
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.